Cottage Bar – was first opened in 1927 by Earl and Marie Coon. Originally it was a sandwich shop that catered to the surrounding factories. Sometimes the orders were from 200 to 300 burgers at a time. The Coon’s kept Grand Rapids in burgers right through
prohibition. The interior hasn’t changed much, and most is still intact, including the Art Deco mahogany bar.
We are proud to be the oldest operating bar and restaurant downtown. The Verhil family has maintained a high standard of
quality food and good drinks. EAT, DRINK and ENJOY!
The Annual Cottage Bar Chili Cook-off is the second Saturday in September.
Visited 987 times, 1 Visit today